When Los Angeles Trade Technical College (LATTC) was in need of technology consulting, they called on PlanNet to head two of their very important projects. The plans called for PlanNet to implement a technology upgrade as well as a renovation and expansion for LATTC’s Learning Resource Center. Both projects are currently in development and are set to be completed by Summer 2013.
Technology Upgrade Project
PlanNet is providing program/project management and design services for a number of strategic initiatives which will position LATTC as a leader and innovator in the application of technology in the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) system. The initiatives include:
- Upgrade of the wired and wireless data network with the primary objective of supporting IP Telephony, multimedia applications (i.e. video multicasting) and security best practices, which includes assessment of wireless data to support voice, data and video.
- Design assessment, assistance with procurement, and oversight of a new Cisco IP Telephony phone system and related unified communications applications.
- Assessment and recommendations for upgrades of the fiber optic backbone infrastructure and distribution.
- Plan and oversee the migration of the current data center to a swing location and then migration to its permanent location in the renovated Learning Resource Center.
- Review LATTC’s audiovisual design, schedule, budgets and develop a programming document and opinion of probable installed costs for AV systems, as well as viable options for AV systems for classrooms and labs.
- Assess current and future security system plans including the effect of the planned security systems on the data network and possible integration with mass notification systems.
Learning Resource Center Renovation and Expansion Project
PlanNet is providing planning, design and implementation oversight for the 97,475 SF, three-story Learning Resource Center for the following technology categories:
- Voice, data (wired and wireless), CATV/SATV cabling;
- Technology Rooms (Data Center and IDF rooms); and
- Audiovisual Infrastructure and Systems for Laboratories, Meeting Rooms, Lounge and Media Services studio and control room.