The City of Bakersfield retained PlanNet Consulting for Telecommunications Consulting Services. The Bakersfield Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) is the fastest growing city in the United States with a population of over 250,000; the telecommunications system has over 3,000 endpoints (telephones).
PlanNet led the efforts through a comprehensive six-phase project plan which includes the following activities:
- Strategy and Vision Development – Development of a City Telecommunications strategic roadmap, roll-out strategy and plan, accompanied with a TCO and ROI analysis.
- Architecture/Design Approach – Development of corporate telecommunications architecture design and feature and functionality requirements.
- Go-to-Market – Development and submission of a Request for Bid to purchase the IP telephony system.
- Solution Evaluation and Recommendation – Evaluation of vendor responses and proposed solutions from a technical, functional, financial and support perspective.
- Implementation Oversight – Implementation oversight and project management including activities through the successful acceptance of the new system.
The project was completed on schedule and on budget. Looks like another successful project for PlanNet!