PLANNET IS ON THE MOVE! COVID-19 impacts continue to challenge business technology delivery across the board. PLANNET is being called upon to support even more clients in more creative ways – and in more places. To that point, AZ, we are here to serve and support you – locally!
From our corporate headquarters in Southern California, PLANNET has been serving the Information Technology needs of both private and public-sector organizations nationwide for over 20 years. Where there has been a major new commercial or higher education new-build or remodel project in the Southwest, PLANNET has likely been involved. What you may NOT know is that PLANNET has been active in Arizona for several years, but primarily on a requested basis from developers, architects and clients who are familiar with PLANNET’s technology strengths. With our continued success in AZ and our acceptance by local business communities, PLANNET has made a significant commitment to local AZ presence by establishing our first regional design and delivery hub outside of California in the Phoenix/Tucson area. An even higher level of service, locally provided!
PLANNET’s AZ practice encompasses the same comprehensive range of IT-related support services focusing on both design/bid/build and design/build projects that our Southern California practice offers. If your need is low-voltage technology, PLANNET can do it – and very effectively! From carrier and entrance services, fiber, copper, outside plant, and wireless to IT LAN/WAN networks, voice/data services, audiovisual, security, collaboration platforms, DAS, and fire/life-safety, PLANNET can design and implement – all under one roof.
PLANNET is proud to have been involved in many AZ projects, among them:
- Arizona State University – Tooker House – PLANNET provided design and implementation oversight of state-of-the-art wired and wireless infrastructures, telecom, and A/V for this AIA award winning 458,000 SF seven-story housing and education building. This was the 8th project PLANNET has completed with ASU.
- University of Arizona – PLANNET has completed numerous projects for UofA, which include:
- Engineering and Natural Resources Research Facility – PLANNET provided telecom, data and wireless network infrastructure, security systems, A/V and fire alarm systems design for this 155,000 SF new-build facility.
- Honors College Building – PLANNET provided fiber/copper cable infrastructure, A/V and security system design services for this 433,000 SF five-story building and associated parking structure.
- Medical Center – PLANNET was the project manager and technology consultant for the expansion of the existing pre-op and post-op areas of the facility. PLANNET’s design services included data and wireless network infrastructure and security, nurse call, A/V, and fire alarm systems.
- Northern Arizona University – PLANNET has also completed several projects for NAU, including:
- Teaching and Research Facility – PLANNET’s focus included telecom, data and wireless network infrastructure and security, A/V and fire alarm systems design for this 120,000 SF five-story new-build facility.
- Honors College Residential and Academic Facility – PLANNET provided technology design services for this 185,000 SF five-story new-build facility.
- The Gila River Indian Community (GRIC) – the 372,000-acre reservation located in Maricopa and Pinal Counties of Central Arizona needed a new data center and administration buildings. PLANNET was selected to perform pre-construction and build for the entire project, which was designed and constructed to meet the IT needs of the GRIC government for the next 25 years.
- Camden Mayo – PLANNET provided A/V, security, structured cabling design and project management for this multi-family residential master planned development that consists of 340 residential units in Phoenix.
- Expedia Data Center – PLANNET served as the engineering consultant on this 7-megawatt data center project in Chandler, Arizona.
To meet the technology support needs of the rapidly growing Arizona business community, two of PLANNET’s most senior and experienced consultants have relocated to Arizona to lead our full-time local team. Bob Otoupalik and Paul Norine anchor the Arizona practice in both Phoenix and Tucson.
Bob, a Senior Principal at PLANNET, has over 30 years of experience in technology consulting. Prior to consulting, Bob held senior-level management positions with three Fortune-500 technology firms. He specializes in the design, implementation and operational integration of IT network, A/V, physical security, collaboration platforms and DAS technologies utilizing both wired and wireless infrastructures.
Paul, a University of Arizona graduate and Sr. Consultant at PLANNET, has over 20 years of experience in architecture and IT design. Paul brings extensive telecom/data/electrical design and project management experience to projects across multiple disciplines, including security, fire/life safety, healthcare systems, A/V and associated infrastructures.
Our clients trust us, not just as technology experts but also as Arizona “locals” who truly understand and have a passion for the unique dynamics of our area.
At the core of our success and high percentage of repeat-business with clients is our forward-thinking collaborative approach which ensures that IT/technology systems and applications effectively support their long-term business needs.
As your fellow AZ neighbors, contact us today to see how we can help advance your project with local and sector expertise backed by PLANNET’s expansive project resources.