SAN DIEGO GAS UTILITY RESTACK
This very complex project entailed the redesign of the technology infrastructure. This included upgrading the cellular wireless DAS system for the building and designing and implementing new technology standards, such as telepresence. The scope was provided for rework of the data center and the refresh and replacement of their network and phone system with over 4,000 devices.
PLANNET successfully and smoothly guided this gas utility through every phase of the project while managing internal IT resources, external contractors and technology vendors.
Audiovisual design spaces included:
- Conferencing Center designed for presentations and training, including multi-media technology and seamless system control interface;
- Executive suite with technology supporting Board Room, executive offices, and collaborative space;
- Trading Floor for the Gas Acquisition group incorporating news wall, collaboration space technology, and video streaming;
- Telepresence rooms and various sizes of conferencing space;
- Cafeteria with multiple displays and music system;
- DirecTV distribution system; and
- Sound masking.
Technology infrastructure design included:
- Design of 10 lab facilities;
- Horizontal and backbone cabling infrastructure;
- Upgrade of the building cellular wireless DAS system; and
- Redesign for the data center, including UPS upgrade and associated infrastructure.
The project was awarded LEED Gold Certification.