Critical facility problems include power and cooling reliability, hot spots, water and fire risks and risks of life-safety systems inadvertently crashing the facility. PLANNET’s root-cause analysis includes assessment and study, power quality monitoring, airflow measurements and testing.
Not all problems need to be resolved, especially where resolution is costly, risky or otherwise disruptive. But to effectively live with and manage a problem, the risks need to be fully understood.
Many vulnerabilities can be resolved at low cost and low risk. PLANNET is often engaged to dig into a failure, uncover the root cause and provide mitigation options. PLANNET is often brought in to resolve a specific problem:
- Failures, especially repeat failures causing unplanned downtime
- Replacing and often re-configuring end-of-life equipment
- Not enough white space, or too much white space
- Not enough utility power, generator, UPS or PDU capacity
- Not enough cooling capacity or hot spots/poor air management
- Inability to perform required maintenance without presenting undue risk
- Emergency Power Off (EPO) shutdown risk
- Water intrusion risk
- Physical security risk
PLANNET can lead or assist with emergency replacement of failed equipment including UPS systems, switchgear, generators and cooling equipment. Challenges can include the need to deploy temporary, rental equipment and other work-arounds while permanent equipment can be sourced and implemented.